Thursday, March 17, 2022

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

It’s been a while since I’ve baked anything to bring in to work so Sunday night I set out to make something for my coworkers. When I realized I had some very ripe bananas on the counter I set out to find a recipe other than banana bread that I could make. These cookies seemed to fit the bill – they looked simple and quick and I had all of the ingredients. The cookies came together quickly and were very yummy! I think they were actually better today than when I made them last night. They have a soft texture and I really enjoyed the flavor combination of the bananas, chocolate and spices. I didn’t find the spices overpowered the banana flavor…they just added a little something extra. The folks at work enjoyed these too and by the end of the day there were only a few left!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

By Tracey

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

from Annie’s Eats

Ingredients:

  • ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, at room temperature
  • 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 cups flour
  • pinch of salt
  • ½ tsp. cinnamon
  • ½ tsp. nutmeg
  • ½ tsp. ground cloves
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until well incorporated.

In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which will in turn give the cookies their lift and rise.

Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix together the flour, salt and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture until just combined.

Fold chocolate chips into the batter. Drop into dollops on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.

Makes 25-30 cookies.

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin